-- Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Natural gas, used in many homes for cooking
and heating, has no odor. So utilities add a sulfur-based compound
to produce the familiar "rotten-eggs" smell that most people can
pick up easily.
If you have a diminished sense of smell or can't detect the odor
added to natural gas, the National Institute on Deafness and Other
Communication Disorders says you should opt for a natural gas
The agency suggests looking for these features:
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.